By John H. Byrne, Ruth Heidelberger, M. Neal Waxham
An knowing of the anxious method at almost any point of research calls for an realizing of its easy development block, the neuron. The 3rd variation of From Molecules to Networks presents the forged beginning of the morphological, biochemical, and biophysical homes of nerve cells. according to prior variants, the original content material specialise in mobile and molecular neurobiology and comparable computational neuroscience is maintained and improved.
All chapters were completely revised for this 3rd version to mirror the numerous advances of the prior 5 years. the recent variation expands at the community features of mobile neurobiology by means of including new assurance of particular learn tools (e.g., patch-clamp electrophysiology, together with purposes for ion channel functionality and transmitter unlock; ligand binding; structural tools reminiscent of x-ray crystallography).
Written and edited by way of major specialists within the box, the 3rd variation thoroughly and comprehensively updates all chapters of this special textbook and insures that every one references to basic study signify the newest results.
* the 1st therapy of mobile and molecular neuroscience that comes with an advent to mathematical modeling and simulation approaches
* eighty% up-to-date and new content material
* New bankruptcy on "Biophysics of Voltage-Gated Ion Channels"
* New bankruptcy on "Synaptic Plasticity"
* incorporates a bankruptcy at the Neurobiology of Disease
* hugely referenced, finished and quantitative
* complete colour, expert photos throughout
* All images are available digital model for instructing purposes