By Ian C. Bradley, M.C. Howard
Read or Download Classical and Marxian Political Economy: Essays in Honour of Ronald L. Meek PDF
Best political economy books
Ben tremendous (ed. )
The essays during this edited assortment, first released in 1986, specialize in very important debates surrounding the vital Marxian challenge of the transformation of values into costs. the gathering brings jointly significant contributions at the worth concept debate from the last decade sooner than the book’s book, and assesses the debate’s value for wider concerns. worth conception emerges as even more than a technical relation among labour time and costs, and the constitution of the capitalist financial system is scrutinised. it is a appropriate and entire paintings, important to scholars, teachers and execs with an curiosity in political and Marxist economy.
1. creation Ben high quality
2. The legislations of worth in Ricardo and Marx Geoffrey Pilling
3. creation, move and price Ira Gerstein
4. ameliorations of actual stipulations of creation: Steedman’s monetary metaphysics Heiner Ganssmann
5. On Marx’s concept of agricultural lease Ben high-quality
6. Sraffa as opposed to Ricardo: the old irrelevance of the ‘corn-profit’ version Gilbert Faccarello
7. observe: A dissenting be aware at the transformation challenge Ben high quality
8. The common sense of costs as values Guglielmo Carchedi
The Bell procedure ruled telecommunications within the usa and Canada for many of the 20 th century, yet its monopoly used to be no longer inevitable. within the a long time round 1900, usual citizens—farmers, medical professionals, small-town entrepreneurs—established tens of hundreds of thousands of self reliant cellphone platforms, stringing their very own wires to convey this new expertise to the folk.
In the course of a tumultuous interval while monetary hypothesis started quickly to outpace commercial construction and intake, Victorian monetary reporters in general defined the instability of finance via criticizing its inherent artifice drawing chronic cognizance to what they known as "fictitious capital.
This e-book explores essentially the most vital topics in neo-Ricardian economics. It explores the various contributions of Pierangelo Garengnani to trendy economics, together with his paintings in capital concept, the idea of powerful call for and balance research. participants contain Paul Samuelson, John Eatwell, Murray Milgate, Edward Nell, Alessandro Roncaglia and Ian Steedman.
Additional info for Classical and Marxian Political Economy: Essays in Honour of Ronald L. Meek
E. (1975) The Political Economy of Marx (London, Longman). LAIBMAN, D. (1973). 'Values and prices of production: the political Introduction 41 economy of the transformation problem', Science and Society, vol. 37' pp. 404-36. LINDAHL, E. ( 1939) Studies in the Theory of Money and Capital (London, Allen & Unwin). MALTHUS, T. R. (1820) Principles of Political Economy (London, Murray). MARSHALL, A. (1890) Principles of Economics (London, Macmillan). (Eighth edition, 1920). MARX, K. (1859) A Contribution to the Critique of Political Economy (London, Lawrence & Wishart, 1971).
18. 19. Classical and Marxian Political Economy the appropriate conceptualisation of the surplus in subsequent years. On this, see Meek (1962, pp. 345-62). Criticism of the Physiocrats in terms of the framework of modern neoclassical economics would emphasise other matters. It can be easily constructed by answering three questions in neoclassical terms. (1) What distinguishes agriculture from other production activities? (2) What is a commodity? (3) Assuming we define certain activities as generating surplus in the same way as the Physiocrats did, what is the economic significance of this?
A. VON (1941) The Pure Theory of Capital (University of Chicago Press). HICKS, J. R. (1939) Value and Capital (Oxford University Press). (Second edition, 1946). HOLLANDER, S. (1973) 'Ricardo's analysis of the profit rate, 18131815', Economica, vol. 40, pp. 260-82. HOLLANDER, S. (1975) 'Ricardo and the corn profit model: reply to Eatwell', Economica, vol. 42, pp. 188-202. HOWARD, M. C. (1979) Modern Theories of Income Distribution (London, Macmillan). HOWARD, M. C. and KING,]. E. (1975) The Political Economy of Marx (London, Longman).
Classical and Marxian Political Economy: Essays in Honour of Ronald L. Meek by Ian C. Bradley, M.C. Howard