By Steve Fox
Your specialist advisor to construction Microsoft® SharePoint® functions within the cloud
Deliver customized, cloud-based company recommendations utilizing SharePoint 2010 and home windows Azure™ jointly. by way of employing hands-on ideas from Microsoft cloud improvement professional Steve Fox, you'll how one can bring up the achieve, source potential, and reusability of your apps. Get the sensible code workouts and good suggestion you need—whether you're making plans to construct entire data-driven purposes or hybrid ideas with easy net elements.
Discover the right way to:
* carry info from home windows Azure market DataMarket into SharePoint and Microsoft place of work purposes
* Use Microsoft company Connectivity companies to connect with SQL Azure™ info
* Create complex net components to floor SQL Azure info in Bing™ Maps, utilizing the SharePoint shopper item version
* deal with records in home windows Azure utilizing BLOB garage
* installation home windows conversation origin (WCF) prone to home windows Azure
* construct company intelligence suggestions, utilizing SQL Azure, Microsoft SQL Server® Reporting providers (SSRS)
Get code samples at the web
able to obtain at http://go.microsoft.com/FWLink/?Linkid=000000.
For process requisites, see the Introduction.
Read Online or Download Developing Microsoft SharePoint Applications Using Windows Azure PDF
Similar web development books
<span>Above the Fold is a e-book in regards to the basics of powerful photo verbal exchange set within the context of website design. not like different books that concentrate on the intersection of layout and expertise, Above the Fold explores the connection among the stakeholders of an online project-- the dressmaker, the consumer and the customer -- and the way this non-stop cycle impacts the choices made via profitable net designers.
<span></span><span>New units and systems emerge day-by-day. Browsers iterate at a notable speed. confronted with this risky panorama we will be able to both fight for keep an eye on or we will embody the inherent flexibility of the internet. Responsive layout is not only one other technique--it is the start of the maturation of a medium and a basic shift within the means we expect in regards to the net.
Develop internet functions successfully with the Aptana Studio three IDE
* learn the way effortless it truly is to put in Aptana Studio three and tailor it completely on your needs.
* Dive into very important facets with Aptana Studio three corresponding to workspaces and projects.
* paintings with Aptana Studio in a wide dispensed Team.
"Aptana Studio Beginner's Guide" is jam-packed with the author's adventure of a number of years constructing with Aptana Studio. It's not only a robust consultant, it's a pragmatic, hands-on creation to Aptana Studio as a complete. that allows you to harness Aptana Studio to reinforce your web-development productiveness, then learn this book.
You will commence via constructing your personal deploy of Aptana Studio, and should be guided step by step throughout the a variety of phases of constructing with Aptana Studio.
You will deal with your whole paintings in workspaces and tasks, and the way you could optimize your initiatives looking on the character of the project.
In addition, you'll be taught the way to paintings on distant servers or deal with your resource code with Git and SVN.
Finally, you have an absolutely configured IDE and be built with the information approximately how you can paintings and deal with huge web-projects.
What you'll examine from this e-book
* organize your personal install of Aptana Studio.
* Dive into Aptana Studio and study all approximately workspaces, views, and projects.
* deal with your resource with Git and SVN.
* paintings on PHP-Projects.
Accompanied via the lots of instance code and step by step directions, this e-book will improve you from a amateur to a professional in no time.
Who this ebook is written for
You’ll research step by step the best way to use Opa via construction initiatives during the process the publication: a wiki program just like Wikipedia, and a Twitter-like micro-blogging platform. detect how effortless it's to take advantage of Opa to enhance purposes with real-time updates, database interactions, and net provider design.
• study basic innovations, together with Opa’s practical programming variety
• build HTML assets dynamically and embed static assets on an Opa server
• Use Opa’s process for appearing CRUD operations and storing key-value pairs in MongoDB
• construct an Opa consumer interface with the Bootstrap toolkit from Twitter
• examine variation forms, pattern-matching, polymorphic forms, recursive features, and different complicated positive aspects
• deal with consumer debts through development login types, dealing with account activation, and monitoring logged clients
• construct a reactive UI—a real-time interface that continually updates person occasions
Additional info for Developing Microsoft SharePoint Applications Using Windows Azure
Click Start | Administrative Tools, and select Server Manager. 2. In the Server Manager, scroll to the Roles Summary, and then click Add Roles. Select Hyper-V from the list. 3. The Server Manager takes you through several steps. Accept the default options and click Next until the Install button is enabled. 4. Click Install to complete the Hyper-V installation. Note that Windows will prompt you for a system restart. Restart your computer to complete the Hyper-V installation. 5. vhd file if your team has already prepared one, or you can create one.
9. When done, click OK. SharePoint now exposes filtered and sorted data by using Excel Services, as shown in the following image. 34 Developing Microsoft SharePoint Applications Using Windows Azure You can also create other Excel Web Access Web Parts and expose different parts of the Excel document to create a Crime dashboard. It is noteworthy that you can also go beyond just using the Excel Web Access Web Part and use the Excel Services REST URI to expose elements in the Excel document to SharePoint.
19. After you deploy the Web Part, navigate to SharePoint to the Web Part page you created earlier. Click Site Actions and Edit Page. 20. Remove any previously added Web Parts from the page by selecting Delete from each of the Web Part’s Options menu. 21. Click Add A Web Part, navigate to the SP And Azure category, and click the Visual Web Part you just deployed. If you used the same properties as in this exercise, the name of the Web Part will be Crime Data Visual Web Part. Click Add. 22. When the Web Part loads, click the Get Data button.
Developing Microsoft SharePoint Applications Using Windows Azure by Steve Fox